Medivac ND G7B- AI Subtype H5N1
Inactivated emulsion vaccine against Newcastle disease (ND) and avian influenza (AI) in poultry
Medivac ND G7B-AI Subtype H5N1 is indicated for prevention against Newcastle disease (ND) and Avian Influenza (AI) in broilers, roosters, layers and breeders
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Inject Medivac ND G7B-AI Subtype H5N1 to each chicken intramuscularly (through muscle) on thigh/ breast or subcutaneously (under the skin) at lower back of the neck
- The dosage is 0.1 ml per young chicken or 0.25 ml per adult chicken
This program may be used as a general guide. It may be modified to suit certain condition
|Broiler and Roosters||4||Subcutaneously 0.1 ml|
|Layers and Breeders||4||Subcutaneously 0.1 ml|
|56*||Intramuscularly 0.25 ml|
|105-112||Intramuscularly 0.25 ml|
|After Laying Period|
|AI Revaccination should be done at least twice: age 32-34 weeks and age 47-49 weeks|
|ND Revaccination should be done 6/3 months after (using active or inactive vaccines)|
* In farms which are susceptible to AI outbreak, second vaccination can be done 4-5 weeks after the first one.
** In order to have accurate decision on vaccination, carry out monthly antibody monitoring.
- Do not use vaccine with cracked bottle or broken seal.
- Vaccinate healthy chickens only because sick ones cannot achieve optimum antibody level.
- Protect vaccine from heat and direct sunlight.
- Upon opening, vaccine must be used immediately and consumed completely within 24 hours.
- Automatic syringe that will be used for vaccination must be boiled first for 30 minutes (note: boiling time starts after the water starts to boil). Disassemble automatic syringe before boiling
- Before injection, adjust the vaccine temperature to room temperature (24–27°C) by holding the bottle in the palm until it does not feel cold. Shake the vaccine prior to use and during vaccination
- Wash and disinfect hands as well as apparatus used after vaccination. Vaccine bottles, packages, and unused vaccine must be burnt, boiled or soaked in disinfectant for 30 minutes before disposal
- In order to evaluate successfulness of vaccination program, examination of antibody titer need to be conducted at 2–3 weeks post vaccination if using live vaccine, or at 3–4 weeks post vaccination if using inactivated vaccine
- If the vaccinator accidentally inject him/ herself, he/ she must seek medical treatment from a doctor immediately. Inform the doctor that the vaccine is emulsified in mineral oil
- Store vaccine at 2–8°C, do not freeze
- Expiry date is valid only if vaccine is stored at recommended temperature
For veterinary use only
KEMENTAN RI No. D 15054988 VKC